Various collagen powders in store. Image from www.intheluggage.com
Collagen and beauty vending machine. Image from www.cnet.com
Ingestible beauty supplements are part of everyday life, and most women consume collagen as part of their daily regime. Collagen can be found in every kind of ingestible product you can imagine: from tablets, capsules, packaged collagen water, coffee, noodles, lollies, smoothies, yoghurt, you name it, all readily available from corner stores, cafes, pharmacies, and even vending machines.
JAPAN LEADS THE COLLAGEN MARKET GLOBALLY
The demand for quality collagen in Japan is relentless, and the industry is thriving. Japan is home to some of the most impressive pharmaceutical companies in the world who conduct thorough research and development before even considering releasing a product out into the marketplace. The quality of Japanese collagen is unsurpassed.
- The collagen itself must be bioavailable and hydrolysed for it to be absorbed into the body. The process of hydrolysis breaks down collagen molecules, producing peptide collagen - also known as super collagen. Peptide collagen is readily absorbed and utilised by the body.
- The dose must be high enough: five grams per day is the optimal dose to see results. Anything less and you’re wasting your time and money.
Adashiko was created in 2013 by Japanese cosmetics developer Yuko Arquette. After working as a product developer for Japan’s leading cosmetics company, Kanebo Corporation, for twelve years, Yuko saw a gap in the market for a high-quality ingestible product to maintain and restore the skin and body from the inside out. She started working closely with a leading Japanese pharmaceutical company to develop her products, and Adashiko was born.
Today, Adashiko is owned and run by Hawke’s Bay-based entrepreneur and health enthusiast Luci Firth. Adashiko continues to be produced in Japan to the highest international standards, with solid Biotechnology and Cosmeceutical research and development behind each product.
Adashiko is proud to be at the forefront of the collagen movement in New Zealand.
- Adashiko collagen is 100% pure with NO additives - no stevia or flavours required because our collagen is genuinely tasteless and odourless.
- Adashiko powders are high-strength. Two scoops provide the correct daily dosage - five grams (5000mg) for optimal results.
- Any additional ingredients are active and complement peptide collagen for specific purposes (e.g. joint support, anti-aging).
- Our collagen is heat tolerant and can be used in coffee, tea, and baking.
- Adashiko is the only Japanese collagen in the NZ market.